Re: This don't make sense.

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Garry,

The Cord of a toroid is the diameter of the tube that makes up the toroid.
The other demension
required is the Outer diameter of the toroid (the diameter of the entire
donut). So if you hold
your toroid in front of you with the inner hole facing the floor and
ceiling, you will be looking
at the Cord diameter vertically and the Outer diameter horizontally. For Ed
to calc your toroid
capacitance, he also would use both of these diameters. You toriod (8" x
2") works out to 8.8pF.
Ed was almost right on the money with his assumption of 10pF. Of course the
actual value will be
somewhere near these values but there is some amount of error assumed.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Garry Freemyer by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Garry-at-NDFC-dot-com>