Re: Science fair project results

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Michael Deegan by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mdeegan-at-mediaone-dot-net>

> Well today i got my testing all done in spite of the lomming threat of a
> gigantic snowstorm aboutto bear down on me (Chicago). I made a small
> reciever using a sginal diode, 0.1uF ceramic disc cap, and a 10kOhm
> resistor in parallel. My results were: 1.4 V -at- 0.5 meters, 0.335 V -at- 1
> meter, and 0.007 V -at- 2 meters (as measured from toroid) Just thought
> they might be of interest to the list.

Michael,

Looks like I'll be stuck in the same snowstorm over in Woodridge!  :^)

Anyway, your results look as though they correspond pretty closley to an
inverse square law - each doubling of distance causes a decrease in
signal strength by a factor of 4. Sounds like a good experiment!

-- Bert --
--
Bert Hickman
Stoneridge Engineering