Re: Science fair project results

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <MaverickIce00-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi Michael, Everyone,

>My results were: 1.4 V -at- 0.5 meters, 0.335 V -at- 1
>meter, and 0.007 V -at- 2 meters (as measured from toroid).

Good work with your science fair project, I am just curious about something.
First, do you think it would be possible to connect a small LED across the
output of the receiver to show that the energy from a TC can have a somewhat
practical use? (even though it's not entirely too efficient to power a tiny
LED with a couple hundred watts, even if it is from a distance :-)) Did you
measure the current output as well? I am not even sure if it would work, but
if there is sufficient current at 0.5 meters, the 1.4 V should be able to
illuminate the LED, if it has a small enough voltage requirement. I just
think it would be kinda cool...

Just a thought...

- Joshua -