Re: Schematic Software

Original poster: Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com

Original poster: "Steve & Jackie Young" <youngs-at-konnections-dot-com>

List,

I am looking for recommendations for an inexpensive user-friendly program to
draw electronic circuit diagrams.   I have Turbo-Cad, but that is an
overkill.
"Paint" is an underkill.  Isn't there something in between?   What do you
recommend?

Steve,

Before being retired (jump or get pushed style), we used a program called
VISIO which has both a standard and technical version. The technical has a
lot of predefined components from many engineering disciplines. Before that,
we drew using PowerPoint, which is really for slides, but will work. I don't
know what VISIO costs, as the company bought it (before firing everyone who
had learned to use it) , but it might fill the niche you need.

Matt D.