good LC meter kit

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Eng.Sun-dot-com>

For you do-it-yourself-ers like me, I found this LC meter kit in Nuts-&-Volts
magazine a couple years ago that I've recently built and thought you all
might appreciate.  Took me one evening to put together, and I've measured
some 1% silver/mica caps I bought at a local shop, and my home made caps
and coils and things seems to agree pretty well. Its range is just right
(goes low enough) for TC caps and coils.

It was in April 1997 issue of Nuts-&-Volts, pages 116-119, and now can be
found at the designer's web page,  www.aade-dot-com  L/C Meter IIB.

YWIA,
-Pete Lawrence.

(ps, Its got an oscillator + frequency counter inside, so I asked the
designer by email if he might think of making a variation for people
like us that would like to measure directly the Fo of a coil/cap, but he
said the unit currently would not go up to the the frequencies we use
(I think this is bogus for large coils, but may be true for my mini
coil at 428kHz).

If anyone else wants to get this unit, it comes with schematics etc, and
think about how to modify it to measure Fo (and maybe some other factors...
Q, K,...) I'ld like to start some email on the topic)