Capacitor Questions

Original poster: "Simon Yorkston" <quantumx-at-mail.ozemail-dot-com.au>

Heyas.
I have not yet ordered my caps, but was looking around on the net, and
found a site [www.oatleyelectronics-dot-com] which has very cheap surplus
components. I was wondering if any of these components, [listed by me, or
on the page, if anyone has the time to look] would be suitable for my coil
15kV/24ma w/ Static sparkgap.

"NEW) HIGH VOLTAGE CAPACITORS: These military quality capacitors are a rare
find. They are 500pF / 30kVDC and measure 81mm long
x 29mm diameter. The connections are via screw terminals on each end :
(ZA0017) $9 each
"

It doesn't mention the type of capt [metalized poly etc], but could they be
OK?

Thanks again,
Simon