Re: Third try at first light

Original poster: JonS999-at-aol-dot-com

MOT is a microwave oven transformer. The ionized air you smell is Ozone.
Ozone is poisonous but in your situation the worst you will end up with is a
headache.

Returning to lurk mode.

-Jon

also, i dont have any way to ground the secondary so it likes to shoot
sparks to the first turn of the primary. i figured since it liked to do
that i would just attach the ground to the primary which works well, but
makes me worry about the NST. Looking over the diagram that Fritz (sp?)
made for nst protection, i estimated $50 for making that circuit. the one
thing that confused me on it however is the MOTs. What does the acronym
stand form? i looked around the net for a definition and at the tesla TLD
which didnt have it listed there. i was going to try shopping around some
local electronic stores and wanted to know what to ask for.

one last question :)
the coil is sitting in the "common area" of my college dorm. the ionized
air it makes doesnt pose any health hazards or anything right? just smells
funny. and will the air set off fire detectors?
<<