NSTs in San Jose CA ? (fwd)

Original poster: Tesla List Moderator <mod1-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 17:42:59 -0800 (PST)
From: Peter Lawrence <Peter.Lawrence-at-Eng.Sun-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: NSTs in San Jose CA ?

I wonder if anyone in the San Jose, CA area has already found out the good
places to by NSTs. I've started calling around and only get sign shops that
want top dollar for brand new units, although some do say they can still
get units without GFI and PFC.

I've been running my very small TC (3.5x10") on a 6kv-20ma for many years and
now want to upgrade and try 7.5-25 and 9-30.

TIA,
-Pete Lawrence, San Jose CA.

(ps, here are the vital stats of my small coil, lots of mix and match parts...

    secondaries
	3-1/2" x 10"    450 Turns #24 wire
			570 T     #26
                        690 T     #28
			(((810 T     #30  comming soon)))
    top loads
	2", 4", 6" spheres - brass door knob, smooth hollow copper floats
	2x8" torroid - spun aluminum
    primaries
	6" helix, 4 to 12 turns as needed
	6-10" spiral, 6 to 10 turns as needed
    caps
	8"x10"x1/16" styrene, 7"x8" alum plates,
		8 to 16 plates as needed			4-nF to 8-nF
	.056uf x 2 / 12 MMC					4.8 or 9.6-nF
    power
	6kv-20ma NST
    gaps
	"washer" style 6-in-series stationary gap
	"acorn nut" style 4-in-series stationary (adjustable width) gap
    misc
	clear plexiglass coil form, base, spiral form, etc, looks real cool !
	some day I'll put up a web site with pics...

how much NST would you say would be the limit for this little coil???
)