RE: Winding Primaries (fwd)

Original poster: Tesla List Moderator <mod1-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 13:08:07 -0500
From: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: RE: Winding Primaries (fwd)

The problem is that you drilled holes for the tubing, rather than slots.
You'll likely take a hammer to your primary before you finish if you try to
thread the entire length of the tubing through all of those holes.  Instead,
the primary supports should have 1/4" (or whatever) slots drilled or milled
along the edge, so that the tubing just pops in.  Then have a piece of Lexan
or acrylic screwed to the slotted edge (with nylon screws) to hold the
windings in place.  See illustration on my web site at:
http://people.ne.mediaone-dot-net/lau/tesla/primary.htm

Regards, Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA