RE: MMC voltage rating for 15/60NST (fwd)

Original poster: Tesla List Moderator <mod1-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 09:09:57 -0600
From: Ted Rosenberg <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: RE: MMC voltage rating for 15/60NST (fwd)

Seth:
I built my MMC using 100, .047mF/1600 Seacor caps. They were 20 in series
with 10M ohm 1/2w 5% carbon film resistors across each. Then 5 perf boards
of 20 were in parallel to give a total of .0117 at 32KV.
I run a 15/60 on it and even with extended runs, none of the caps get even
warm!

Safety First

Ted
Subject: MMC voltage rating for 15/60NST (fwd)

I am thinking of building a LTR MMC capacitor for a 15/60 NST.

What voltage rating should I aim for to make it reliable? I don't want
strings failing and costing me more money.

Also, are standard 1/4W 5% carbon film resistors suitable for MMC use?

Thanks,
Seth Fischer