Re: Polyurethane (fwd)

Original poster: Tesla List Moderator <mod1-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 20:56:13 EST
From: Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Polyurethane (fwd)

In a message dated 12/5/00 4:03:51 PM Central Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< Also, whilst fossiking under the house, I found a TIN of polyurethane. This
 looks much more hopeful than the spray on stuff that I have - is it alright
 to paint polyureathane on?

 Thanks for you help
 Simon
 10" thru winding a 24" secondary by hand ;)

Simon,
The MinWax polyurethane is excellent for coils. I brush it on while hand
turning the coil
on a lathe. There may be a tendency for tear drop drips, especially on the
first coat. This can be avoided by brushing them away and/or by keeping the
coil rotating with a small
motor. Just keep moping it on for 8-12 coats. Looks great. OK on acrylic but
it will ruin the
appearance of the plastic.

Happy day,
Ralph Zekelman