MOT NST Combo? (fwd)

Original poster: Tesla List Moderator <mod1-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

Hello list!
I have recently scrapped out my moms old microwave and have salvaged
several usable parts.  The oven had a large cap in it rated 2.4kv-at-.85uF.
It is a Sanyo 3D15 and has 'ICHI  CON' stamped on it.  The casing is
metal and it has a metal tab bonded to its base for vertical mounting.
It also has the following diagram on it: (No values for this diagram are
provided on the cap, but EWB forced me to put in a value)
 [IMAGE]
This looks like some type of filtering circuit to me.  What I don't
understand is the significance of it.  Also, I have the MOT and it
appears to be in good shape.  It is a 120V primary, but does not have any
ratings printed on it.  I already have a 7.5kv 20ma  165 VA NST that I
was planning to use, but I have no idea which one is capable of the
higher output.  I have also thought about using both of them.  On
average, what is the output on a MOT?
Thanks in advance,
--Green Horn