RE: New gap pictures

Original poster: "sundog" <sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>

Hi all,

  Yep, I brazed 'em on a brass rod, and have advice for everybody that may
not be obvious to them,

  Use good silver solder.  Else you're wasting your time.  I used a length
of brass rod I found at the flea market for my electrodes.  I'd reccomend
going with copper if you have the choice.  Next, heat *gently*  I blistered
and partially melted my brass using an oxy-acetylene torch.  Oops.  So take
your time and keep the heat moving.  Get both the brass/copper and the
tungsten carbide cherry red (helps to have 3 ppl), slop on some solder and
wait for it to "flow" instead of staying in a ball.  place the carbide on
the end of the electrode and put a dab or two of solder around it's edge.
Let it cool, then file it down carefully to smooth it out some.  Don't waste
your time filing the carbide, it'll just ruin your file.

  So that's how I did it.  I'm sure the imaginitive blend of people will
find other ways of doing it, but my carbide stationary gaps run great (don't
look too terrific), but when I get a higher-powered tranny (pole pig!), I'll
have a chance to "stress test" my soldering ability.   :)

 	Hope it helps!
											Sundog