Re: Saturable Reactor Repost??

Original poster: "R.E.Burnett" <R.E.Burnett-at-newcastle.ac.uk>

Hi Guys,

I did try a home made saturable reactor last year with poor results.  It
worked nicely controlling the power into a resistive load (3x 1kW halogen
lamps,)  but thumped and surged when faced with charging a tank capacitor
in TC service.

I think excessive waveform distortion caused the problems in my case,  but
if you have a professional unit then why not give it a try.

						Cheers,

						-Richie,