Re: Hockey Puck Caps

Original poster: Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>

Hi

        Be sure the caps you get are rated at ~3 amps RMS.  Some "cheap" ones
are not so good at RF (mostly for DC blocking).  You really need the super good
RF transmitting types that will probably run about $100+ "each" new.  Tesla
coils draw very high current spikes that may degrade these caps over time as
well.  I have used 10 caps in parrallel before with no problem on a 15/60
system.  30 Panasonic caps (4 x 13 for would probably do the same thing at 52 x
1.8 = $93.60 so be careful not to spend too much.

Cheers,

        Terry