Re: calculating safe primary turn-to-turn distance

Since coupling isn't really an issue (where the physically smallest primary
would be useful) in telsa coils (too much coupling is usually the problem),
I think uniformly spaced primaries are probably easier to work with;
designed with enough margin...

However, since you mention it, it would be kind of cool looking, and
elegant, to have a variable pitch primary.....