Re: Output

>I'm still troubled by this 50% thing based on my scope
>observations. I'd humbly suggest that a primary being allowed
>to ring its course and one ringing for only several cycles
>(and hugely decrementing due to energy transfer to the
>secondary) are two different animals, especially if the
>secondary loses its load fast enough through a well
>established discharge path to prevent a reverse transfer.
>
>Regards,
>malcolm

Malcolm,

you ought to check Tesla's Colorado Springs Notes. In the beginning he
tackles primary oscillations. he used an actively quenched gap (motor) but
added one (or two) extra capacitors and another coil (inductance) into the
tank. he concluded once the gap was quenched, the oscillations were allowed
to flow between the primary cap/coil and the extra cap/coil without the gap
firing, this allowed for maximum oscillations occur. i don't have the
schematics at the computer right now. but if you are interested i will
surely post them...there are several variations. some of them look
'dangerously' close to the equidrive system that we know today.

dan