Re: Found an oscilloscope and was wondering how I could ...

Hi all,
        this post makes me wonder - would it be a useful idea
for measuring a coil's breakrate to check the flicker rate in
a fluoro tube using a photo transistor (destructive voltages
aside)? I know there is some persistence in the tube. I might
have a go at this on my coil. A crude scope test suggests the
coil is intermittently operating at 100 and sometimes 200 BPS.
It has a static gap. Any thoughts?

Regards,
Malcolm