Re: Store Bought Coils

In a message dated 8/29/00 11:45:03 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

<< Plasma" globes (sold in several novelty stores, Radio
 Shack, Wal-Mart, Meijers, Spencer Gifts, etc.) >>

Timothy,

These devices are strictly solid state flyback designs ( at least
the one I got last Christmas from Radio Shack was). I accident-
ly dropped it and broke the globe and ended up taking her apart.
It is a quite low powered setup (8 watts, I believe) and makes a
very small < 1/16" spark to grounded objects.

Safe Coilin,
David R.