Re: disaster (i think)?

Marc,

I've had that disappointment on several occasions. Sometimes the coating gets
under the windings and pushes them out and away from the former.  This looks
really bad.  I don't like the Glyptol motor winding varnish because I've found
it is really good at doing this, even on solid, strong 18 AWG wire!  In your
case luckily it sounds like it is only a cosmetic flaw and if there are no
crossed turns as you say, it will not have a negative effect on the electrical
performance in any way.  Keep forging ahead!

Robert W. Stephens
Director
AREA31 Research Facility
<http://www.area31-dot-org>www.area31-dot-org