RE: What was that?????

Gomez,

I've never seen a dimmer with 3 wires! In Aus, they only come in the 2 wire
flavour. They work because they are switched off at the zero crossing point
of the cycle (with full line voltage across the terminals). When the line
voltage reaches the +- threshold, determined by the pot setting, the
thyristor fires, and stays on until the next zero-crossing. Thats why you
dont need 3 wires for a simple dimmer. A more complex circuit might have an
internal DC supply (eg for soft-start, etc), which would require the
'ground' connection, since the other two lines are actually both 'hot'...

I'm going to grab a couple of coils, and make a nice jacobs ladder using
bipolar configuration.

Chris

PS- I dont think the scope of the wiring diagram includes ignition coils!

<snip>