Re: What was that?????

Hi Jeremiah,

Welcome to the wonderful world of power electronics!!  Exciting isn't it!! ;-))

This is known as "something blew up!!" ;-))  My guess is the cap shorted
and feed some real juice into the coil.  of the SCR sorted.  Something that
was suppose to limit or control the circuit failed.  Expect to find much
damage...

Don't forget safety glasses when playing with such stuff.  Flying fire is
common!

Cheers,

	Terry

BTW - I modified the subject line in your post a little since some people
may find it offensive.