Re: Output

Hi Dan,

On 26 Aug 00, at 22:54, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Dan Kunkel" <dankunkel-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
> Coilers,
>
> why is it that we have no way of determining secondary voltage in these
> modern times? how was Tesla always able to quote his output voltage? was it
> an educated guess (arc length). i think his bold claim was 135 million
> volts. did Golka or the brothers Corum ever state their output?
>
> Dan

First off, I think Tesla claimed 10MV, not 135. Secondly, the
135' myth was a misreading of what Tesla said in the Notes. He
said that if the sparks were unravelled, then one might
measure 135' (I'll take that figure as read) from the tip of a
streamer at maximum length reaching out from one side of the
coil to the tip of a streamer reaching out from the other side
of the coil. In other words, you can slash that figure in half
if you are talking about one spark and you reduce it
considerably if you are talking about a point-point discharge
which I think is a reasonable and realistic measure that most
people can agree with. Richard Hull highlights this in his
"Guide To The Colorado Springs Notes" document.

Regards,
Malcolm