Re: Inductive Kick LTR Pig Systems

Terry, All,

Is it possible that the unusual heating of Marc's PFC cap was due to dielectric
losses as it tried to shunt RF kickback coming out through the mains wiring?
His PFC cap might have had a mylar or perhaps even more lossy dielectric to
RF.  From personal experience I know there can be enough nasty RF on the
primary side of a pig system to smoke a large variac if bypassing measures are
not employed.

Robert W. Stephens
Director
AREA31 Research Facility
<http://www.area31-dot-org>www.area31-dot-org

<<mailto:twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>