Pig PFC (was Re: Inductive Kick LTR Pig Systems)

Hi all,
         After putting my foot in my mouth already on this
subject I am satisfied in my own mind that the sole purpose of
PFC for a pig is to cancel the primary magnetizing inductance
in the transformer. The ballast and primary cap should be self-
cancelling if the charging is mains resonant. A crude model of
the transformer is that of an ideal transformer with its
primary shunted by a magnetizing inductance (Lp). In other
words, PFC for a pig sounds like a jolly good idea.

Malcolm