Re: Inductive Kick LTR Pig Systems

terry, all
i would like to say here that on my pt system i had been using two 625uf
caps rated 240v. these got hot rather quickly limiting me to short runs.
the recent improvement to banks of 1- 1000uf and 6- 48uf motor run caps
has lessened this substantially, although i blew one old 48uf in the run
they still got warm.
i would think that for a pig system that a large bank of caps would
distribute the stress out over a broader area?
of coarse until someone try's it on a pig i can't say for sure since
i've only as yet worked with the pt. the addition of a cap bank on the
step down trans.dropped my current draw from the mains from 30 amp down
to 19 amp. i know this because without them i had to adjust my breaker
to trip at 32 amp, with them i could get it down to 20 for 2-3 minute
runs and at 19 it would trip after about a minute.
don't know if this information helps any but i'm throwing it out there
just in case.
marc