Re: Ballast training 101

Hi list.
When I got my 14.4 / 10kva pig I tested with a 1.5 volt battery.
I applied the 1.5 to the two outside terminals (240) and got a
respectable 1/32 inch spark from the secondary when I pulled
the connection off. The interesting thing was with a new 9 volt
battery it would give no spark even with the gap at .010 inch.
The 1.5 was a "D" cell size so my guess is that the 9 volt
didn't have the current to energize the windings even though
the 9 volt had 5 times the voltage.
Denis Despins
KC6TRW