From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2000 8:57 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Ozone and Safety

Original poster: "Christopher Boden" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Ted, I may be wrong, but this was taught to me back when I first got into
HV. It may or may not be correct.

When you're making arcs (i.e. Tesla Coil discharges, Jacobs Ladders, or
sticking a toaster in the bathtub) you're not making Ozone, it's the
Nitrogen Oxides (just as nasty) that make the sweet smell.

When you're making Corona (bottle caps, below breakout, and wrapping a
flouresant tube with wire and connecting it to an NST), THEN you're making
Ozone. That's the fresh smell.

Right?

Crispy Chris B.