From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2000 9:56 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: ESR

Original poster: "BunnyKiller" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Dan Kunkel" <dankunkel-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
> Tesla Enthusiasts,
>
> I was looking through the Newark electroincs catalog and found some
suitable
> mmc caps. But they are described as low ESR. What does that mean? And as
> long as I have your attention...what does 'wvdc' as opposed to 'vdc'
> (obviously vdc means volts direct current) when refering to capacitors.
>
> Dan

Hi Dan  ...

not to sure on ESR    but WVDC = working voltage DC
a.k.a. the normal working voltage of the designed curciut

one can consider the wvdc the same as a vdc

if you are looking for a MMC cap remember to divide the VDC by .707 to
assume a
value for AC usage

Scot D

PLEASE TAKE NOTE:

The contents of this email (including any attachments) may be
privileged and confidential. Any unauthorised use of the contents
is expressly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error,
please advise us immediately (you can contact us by telephone
on +61 8 9441 2311 by reverse charge) and then permanently
delete this email together with any attachments. We appreciate
your cooperation.

Whilst Orbital endeavours to take reasonable care to ensure
that this email and any  attachments are free from viruses or other
defects, Orbital does not represent or warrant that such are free from
computer viruses or other defects.

(C) 2000: Orbital Engine Company (Australia) Pty Ltd and its affiliates