RE: Re: tank circuit of VTTC

David Trimmell wrote to the list:

> I would seriously think about using two stings of caps, with
> some 40+ Amps, a single string will heat up on you pretty quick.

David,

Thank you for your advice. How much air space did you have
around your caps? Some forced air cooling?

> Your #10 awg primary will be a bit overkill, but probibly worth
> it.
- I like overkills  :-)

> What are your specs for the secondary?
- For the first steps I'll use a secondary coil from a former project:
4" x 26.4", 1300 turns AWG 26

I'm planning on winding 100 to 300 additional turns of larger
diameter to the base of the coil in order to avoid overheating
because of the high current in this part of the coil. Later I'll wind a
completely new secondary, which will be a little bit higher and will
have thicker wire. Would you please recommend some figures?

Regards

Herwig