Re: Hehe, This is coo coo! Was "I give up!"

In a message dated 8/22/2000 11:35:14 AM Mountain Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> I get up this morning and I turn it on and fair sized streamers come out all
>  over the toroid and the spark gap has a snap to it again.
>
>  I didn't change a thing since the night before, I *swear* I didn't! Well,
> there
>  is one thing different. I held my jaw in a different position. Could that
be
>  it? Maybe the fillings in my teeth are detuning and retuning the tesla
coil?
>  Who knows?

You laugh at this, but you just never know what might "help" your coil.  I
have read many anecdotal articles about the way grounding affects things like
radio reception and maybe there is something about some change in the
telluric currents that helped bring your coil to life.
Mike