Re: I give up!! I regret building my tesla coil!

on that fateful day 8/21/00 7:28 AM, Tesla list uttered:

> Original poster: "Eleanor Flood" <eflood-at-bellsouth-dot-net>
>
> A Tesla coil that will throw 36" sparks can be constructed with scrounged
> materials, providing you are a good scrounger, 3 gallons of mineral oil is
> sufficient for immersing a BIG homemade plate cap.

and that reminds me...

Garry,

Patience plays a part too- it is in your best interests to find out where
used or surplus high voltage parts and supplies are sold, and start haunting
those places regularly.  Rather than looking for the exact part you have in
mind for a particular project, keep your eyes open for any good deals on
parts that might come in handy some day, and stow them away.  Being a
packrat, if you can afford the space, is immensely helpful.

For instance, just last Saturday at a local "ham fest", I bought 3 gallons
of unused transformer oil for $3.  The old ham I bought it from had
purchased a whole 5gal bucket, but had only used 2 gallons to build a dummy
load, and had it sitting around ever since.

- Gomez

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something,
But to be SOMEONE."  - Coco Chanel