Re: I give up!! I regret building my tesla coil!

Hi

Please don't discourage yourself.

I just want to put my two cents , you don't need to put a lot of money to
have a
working coil. One day when I was visiting a friend far from home in a small
city
far from big center, he ask me if we can build a coil: I decide to give a try .
I will describe the process; first  we find an electric motor shop and buy
a end
of spool of 24.5 awg wire for $5.00 CAN, find 25' of copper tubing at the
general store $10.00 , find a oil burner tranfo 10 KV 23 ma for free, find a
piece of PVC 3.25" free again and find in the neighbor city an electronic
repair
store a stock of 200 .016mf 1200vdc polyester cap for $20.00 ( $0.10  each ) we
use a broke fan motor and a plastic plate to make a RSG and finally 2 soup
serving spoon glue   together for the terminal . We manage to wind 10" of coil
with the wire we have and use 4 coat of shellac. My friend have some piece of
plastic on his basement. That all we need to build an ugly and cheap coil .

I build this coil a year ago and at my surprise it's still working, he run it
only for short run but regularly.

See the caps at:
 http://pages.infinit-dot-net/luc2/mylar_mmc.jpg
and a video at: