Re: I need a HV-transformer

< S H N I P)

> You could also use Oil Burner Ignition transformers, they are around
> 10-12 kV, 18-20mA, so a nice cluster of those in parallel would get you
> far.

I have had great success with OBITS (oil burner trannies) so too has Weazle,
who helped me obtain mine. OBITS are surprisingly easy to obtain, at least
where I live. Here there are No NSTs whatsoever (small town - no neon, no
neon dealers). Go to a heating supply place, they usually just toss them
when they replace a furnace. I picked up six OBITS for free just laying in a
pile at a sheet metal and heating place here, they all worked too. I would
reccomend using at least 3-4 of them, this gives you about 690 - 920 VA,
which isn't a whole lot, but it works for a small coil, and you can always
use more!
Good luck

Regards,
Troy Peterson [VE7SOK]
troypete-at-sunwave-dot-net
highvoltage-at-mad.scientist-dot-com

> > Hi all!
> >
> > I've recently discovered that where I live, (in Sweden) neon
transformers
> above
> > 4000v are "impossible" to get. This discovery has stranded my planed
tesla
> > project because I need a transformer with an output of ~900W.
> >
> > So if anybody out there can help, I would be more than grateful.
> >
> > Please mail me at
<mailto:mike.petersson-at-swipnet.se>mike.petersson-at-swipnet.se