Re: rotary disc interupter

It's gonna be loud... what you describe is basically a siren, but it's a
good idea. You can reduce the acoustic noise substantially, and also
potentially improve performance, by using some tuned resonators  (giving
you a lot more things to adjust, and to blame when it doesn't produce 100
ft sparks).

I can conceive of a pulsed air blast gap.   Perhaps Marx did something with
pulsed gaps?  He certainly did a lot with air blast gaps in general.

> From: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: rotary disc interupter
> Date: Sunday, August 20, 2000 9:20 AM
>
> Original poster: "Dan Kunkel" <dankunkel-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
> All,
>
> a thought occured to me. use the disc in conjunction with an air blast.
in