Re: stranded wire primaries

Hi Jason,

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jason Johnson" <hvjjohnson13-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
> I've seen several successful coils using stranded wire for the primary (TT-42
>
> etc) and I was planning on using one for a small demo coil, but when it
> actually comes to bulding a primary like this I really don't have a clue as
> how to tap it.
>
> Ideas, suggestions, anybody?
>
> Jason Johnson

I'm not sure why you want to do this as it would be a lot more work that copper
tubing, but if I was to do this, I guess I would slice the insulation along the
stranded wire. Then pull out about a foot of bare wire at a time and wrap
electrical tape around it about every 5 or 6 inches. This will give you plenty
of tap points. Keep it tight together. Loose or bulging strands will create
potential arc points to the next winding due to the radius of curvature.

Bart