Re: alternative materials for RSG electrodes?

Hi John,

I've tried titanium and it eroded even faster than stainless steel
electrodes!  It does make a neat bright white spark though.  You
can use them for fun, but for better electrode life and system
efficiency, try to get some tungsten.

Matt Behrend

> Original poster: "John Morawa" <morawaj-at-interaccess-dot-com>
>
> Hello,
>
> I have heard of a reference to using copper bolts (silicon - bronze) for
> RSG electrodes.  Other than tungsten has anyone tried or have any thoughts
> on using titanium or monel (nickel - copper)?  Mcmaster carr sells these
> individually in a variety of sizes and not too $$$.  Of these 4 (copper,
> titanium, tungsten and monel) which sounds best for low-medium powered
> TC's?
>
> Thanks for any comments,
> John M.

Gene E. Behrend