A small reminder

    Hi all..

 With all the talk of rotary gaps and woodworking, I just wanted to
remind everybody to be safe.  Had a grinding disc explode on me
today for seemingly no reason.  I'm chalking it up to pure luck and
a bum disc.  Didn't loose any hide, by some miracle it seemed to
fly all around me, but never touched me.  Tore up my bench a bit,
and I still can't find all the disc.  I was lucky on this one, I
suppose.  Grinding off the welds on a GM coil no less ;)  I surmise
a spark gap letting go at 3500+ rpm would be just as spectacular
and more dangerous.  Let's all keep safe, 'cause you can't turn a
variac with no fingers.  Electrocution isn't the only way to "buy
the farm" on this stuff.  Off my soapbox now...Let the coilin'
continue! And I'm hot on your tail, Terry!  Got a 10" spark (darn
wimpy lookin' thing, but *I* wouldn't want to get hit by it!).  Got
2 new coils, and time to work a bit:)
                                                            Caio!

Sundog