Re: : The big bad Mark III

Dan,
<snip>
> why have you limited yourself to 15 amps? you could plug the spark gap
motor
> into a seperate outlet. but of course you are using nst's so you would
have
> to build a synchronous gap. you can still get excellent performance from
an
> airblast gap too. just plug in your air compressor and fill the tank. then
> unplug and run the coil.
> <Snip>

Now I'm convinced there is something fishy going on, as I said before my
house is about 50 years old. Heres the thing: I looked in my fuse box
(located in an akward crawlspace) and found only 6 fuses! I was unable to
get close enough to look at the acutal ratings, but that cannot be right.
There should be 2 for my range, and 2 for my dryer at least, right? That
leaves two circuits in the whole house - can't be right. If it is then those
fuses have to be slightly more than 15 Amps. I talked to an electrician and
his figureing is that something illigal is going on in my wireing,
specifically, its possible that most of my house is wired directly to the
main bus: Unlimited current, ALRIGHT!!! .... I don't want to take that
chance, and I want this coild built so that it can be run anywhere (provided
that there is a suitable ground). Also worth mention I think is that it's a
duplex, I don't know if that has any bearing on the wireing.

Regards,
Troy Peterson [VE7SOK]
troypete-at-sunwave-dot-net
highvoltage-at-mad.scientist-dot-com