construction materials

Hello everyone,

I'm rounding up parts for my next coil, which will utilize a sync rotary gap.
As for the rotary, I've seen some really 'different' materials used. I was
wondering where one might purchase g-10, or bakelite. I'd like to use G-10
for my disk, and bakelite for my motor mounts. Has anyone ever tried using
hardwood for the stand? I'm trying to make a stand as rigid and sturdy as
possible. I was looking for lexan earlier this year, and could only find it
in the form of cutting boards. as suggested, Ilooked in the yellow ages
under plastics and such, but the results weren't too promising. I called
the place that does windows and whatnot, and they wanted about $5/sq ft of
1/4" plexi. Is that steep or am I just really cheap?
Also, what kind of electrodes are best? I've seen some nice tungsten
electrodes, but aparently they are hard to machine, and quite expensive.
However, I was leaning more towards brass. Does this stand up well to TC
abuse? I have some big pieces of brass (3/4" x 6-8") which have a porcelain
collar. they came from an old a/c unit with a HUGE current draw. I've used
them as high current contacts and they are showing some signs of decay...
Is this comparable to how it will perform in a rotary as the stationary
electrode?

A while back, I heard someone say that a rotozip tool was a "must have" for
any serious coiler... so I bought one :þ Is it true that they can cut
through steel? I tried aluminum, and had no problems, but steel may be an
entirely different story. The main reason I bought it was, I needed
something to make clean cuts in lexan, and a decent band saw is well above
my price range. My table saw always sucked the plastic towards the blade
and made a jagged cut. The rotozip cuts it perfectly when I used a level as
a clamp on fence. Anyhow, I need to know whether or not it can handle
steel, because I might try and use it to take of an NST casing. I'd just
use an angle grinder, but the MMC bulk buy will be approaching soon and I
can't afford it.
Also, are these rotozip saw suitable for cutting G-10 or bakelite?

Thanks,

    -Michael