Re: The big bad Mark III

In a message dated 8/13/00 3:14:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

>  Seems to be some controversy here..... I've heard lots of people say 4:1
>  (6*4 = 24)
>
>  Regards,
>  Troy Peterson [VE7SOK]

Troy, all,

The reason there's so much controversy is because it really doesn't
matter.  I've used a 4" by 23" secondary and a 6" by 24" secondary
both wound with 28awg wire on the same Tesla coil, and have gotten
42" sparks from a 12/30 NST in either case.  However the smaller
secondary makes a cheaper priced, more compact TC.

   http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page3.html

Cheers,
John Freau