Re: Space winding

Hi Kennan,

 < Big Snip >

This is exactly the problem I was floating around in my head, as I am not too
concerned with efficiency of my coil, (can deliver >20KVA -at- 33Kv), I am
looking for the longest possible arcs - So we have turned full circle as I
can remember a discussion on this list before about arc lengths vs I and V.
What  allows the maximum arc length given same toroid/primary/cap etc. For
example, when I run my coil I leave the voltage variac dialled up all the way
and vary the current limiting variac. Reading Jim's post on leader formation
I suppose we are looking for the mechanism that leaders use to 'backfil' the
arc channel as it steps forward into space. Is it totally dependent on V or I
or both?

Best Regards,

 Robin.