Re: Is a CW coil a TEsla coil, was tesla's colorado lab

In a message dated 8/11/00 11:55:11 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Continuous Wave operation, ie; an air core transformer that runs at a more
>  or less steady amplitude sine wave that is not interrupted.
>
>  If you ask me, CW coils (ie; vacuum tube coils) are not strictly speaking,
>  Tesla coils.
>
>  Disruptive Discharge coils operate with a damped ringing pulse.  Also known
>  as Tesla coils.  ;)
>
>  - Gomez (Bill Lemieux)

Bill,

No reason why a tube coil (CW) would not be a Tesla coil.  Tesla
experimented with CW.  THere was a very long thread on this
a couple years ago.  The consensus was that a CW coil is indeed
a Tesla coil.

JOhn Freau