Re: What's a CW coil, was tesla's colorado lab

In a message dated 8/11/00 11:48:23 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> > Sorry about sounding really ignorant but what is a CW coil?  Could
>  > someone give be a link a page explaining it or just tell me what
>  > it is?

Tube coils or solid state coils of certain types are examples of a
CW coil.  These types of coils are generally not as "efficient" in
the sense that they give shorter sparks for a given input power.

  http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page3.html

John Freau