Re: tesla's colorado lab

on that fateful day 8/10/00 11:19 PM, Tesla list uttered:

> Original poster: Irrelative-at-aol-dot-com
> Sorry about sounding really ignorant but what is a CW coil?  Could someone
> give be a link a page explaining it or just tell me what it is?

Continuous Wave operation, ie; an air core transformer that runs at a more
or less steady amplitude sine wave that is not interrupted.

If you ask me, CW coils (ie; vacuum tube coils) are not strictly speaking,
Tesla coils.

Disruptive Discharge coils operate with a damped ringing pulse.  Also known
as Tesla coils.  ;)

- Gomez (Bill Lemieux)

aibohpphobia: fear of palindromes