Re: am I a SRSG failure?

Hi Dave,

        Don't worry, I simply HAS to work, unless the laws of physics are not
enforced in your neighborhood :-))

First, be sure the motor shaft turns freely and nothing is binding.

What is the diameter of the rotor, horse power, and how wide are the two
flats?  I don't know the best dimensions for 3600RPM but someone will...

Count the number of poles in the motor.  These are the steel projections from
the frame or stator that are close to the rotor.  That will help us determine
the flat size.

There may be something wrong with the florescent lights (no!, I'm serious!
;-)).  Today they use electronic ballasts and other goofy things (like long
persistence) that may be messing that test up...

Be sure there are good light and dark areas on the shaft or make a strobe disk
to put on the shaft.  Florescent lights give a pretty fuzzy indication so you
need good black and white marks to show well.

Your too close to fail now!  I have heard of milling machines "eating" the
rotor up and other obvious disasters, but your motor simply must work...

Cheers,

        Terry