Re: Pig Question

On that fateful day 8/2/00 8:17 PM, thus spake Tesla list:

> Original poster: "Mark Finnis" <mefinnis-at-medicine.adelaide.edu.au>
>
> At 18:36 02-08-2000 -0600, you wrote:
>
>> All I can say is that I got the deal of a life time!!!! i just got back from
>> the electric company. I came back with TWO 10 kva trannies (each 7620 volts
>> and 250 lbs). I saved them from the salvage yard...the going rate is $1 per
>> KVA!!! so all i spent was a little sweat loading them and $20...all my
>> transforming needs are now taken care of for the next 40 years!
>
> Primaries in parallel, secondaries in series, 20kVA -at- 15kV ..... perfect ;-)

Kewl.  I just spotted a half dozen or so largish looking pigs in a field,
along with some other equipment, north east of Denver, on my way home from a
lighting gig tonight.  I will investigate as to their status the next time I
drive up that way (Sunday) or earlier if I get time.

- Gomez (Bill Lemieux)