Re: Party Cup Cap On-Line!

on that fateful day 8/1/00 10:07 PM, Tesla list uttered:

> Original poster: "Kelly Shutt" <tcatut-at-mail.utexas.edu>
> i have a question...
> anyone know a cheap source for digital multimeters?  is it possible to get
> one that measures capacitance?

Define "cheap".  It's possible to get a multimeter that measures capacitance
for about $80.  Don't expect a great deal of resolution (digits) or accuracy
on the cap measurement though, unless you spend for a Fluke, Tek, or similar
big name brand.

BTW, From my point of view, I wouldn't buy one at Radio Shack.  Further
more, it's been my experience that name brand instruments hold up to abuse
better.  I've got an old Fluke model 70 (79?) that I've had since the early
80's and I don't know how many times I've dropped it off ladders, etc.  The
rubber boot helps.  But it doesn't measure caps, either.

- Gomez (Bill Lemieux)

We have enough youth.
How about a fountain of smart?