Pig Question

Coilers,

I went to the power company today to see if I could procure for myself a
pole pig. The company only runs 7,620 volt lines and there 10 kva-ish
transformers are all single bushing. I was wondering if anyone esle has had
experience with these kind of transformers. They are upgrading their load
capabilities are getting rid of the smaller trannies at scrap cost
(awesome).

I was wondering if it is possible/nessecary to buy two trannies and wire
them in series to produce 15,240 volts in order to reduce amperage and still
keep the wattage the same. I would want to reduce the amperage so i don't
have nightmarish spark gap quench problems.

Also when wiring the these transformers in series, do you just connect the
ground (the case) together and draw the HV off each bushing?

And what is the 'up-to-date' current limiting method? arc welders and
resistive ballast (oven elements)?

thanks

Dan