[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

mains transformers

I have recently come across a number of 300VA mains transformers. They were
binned because they had burnt out. They are of conventional E I construction.
They have a fairly large winding window. I'd like to make a step-up transformer
from 230V 50Hz, to as high as I can get at about 15mA or so. Trouble is I can't
find any info on building transformers. I plan to use two sets of Es end to end
to give as much winding space as possible. There's no problem with the physical
clamping of the Es together.
Can anyone advise me on where on the net I can get info the maths of such a
project.
Steve